1. ASM COARSE stripping -> Stripping is done in 1MB chunks. Data files, arhive log, datafile backups use COARSE stripping.
2. ASM fine grained stripping -> Stripping is done in 128KB chunks. Control files, flashback logs, online logs use fine grained stripping.
3. ASM does not allow physical blocks to be split across AU (Allocation Units)
4. ASM does the mirroring at the AU level
5. For efficient disk re-balancing, one should add / drop disks in same operation
6. ASM files created by specifying an user alias, are not treated as OMF
7. ASM does not handle
a. Oracle binaries
b. Alert logs
c. Trace files
d. Password files
e. CRS files (OCR & voting disk)